What’s this? A post that has nothing to do with health or fitness? That’s right! See that “with a side of cocktails” in the header? I’m about to take a dive into that side of life.
While I love to unwind with a drink (or 5) I don’t often vary what I drink. Vodka soda, Michelob Ultra, and Cabernet Sauvignon are my go-to’s. But in the frozen tundra of CNY, I’m in the mood to reach for something warmer and richer (or at least put a Christmas spin on some of my regulars). So without further adieu, here are my top seasonal spirits:
- Hot Chocolate + Bailey’s. The perfect dessert drink to sip by the fire.
- Vodka + Seasonal Polar. Like I said, a seasonal take on my favorite!
- 14 Hands Cabernet Sauvignon. Admittedly, I drink red wine year round. This kind is inexpensive and bursting with flavor. Their red blend is also a favorite!
- Great Lakes Christmas Ale. Heavier than my usual mich ultra, but rich in flavor. Nothing says ‘Santa Claus is coming to town’ quite like a bottle of this.
- Southern Tier 2xmas Ale. Another beer made with the spices of the season, this will give you that warm, festive feeling.
And as an honorable mention, here are a few seasonal cocktails I’d like to try:
- Pomegranate Moscow Mule. I love a refreshing mule in the summer, and pomegranate sounds like a great addition.
- Cranberry Mimosa. I’m not big on cranberry juice, but I think I could get behind it in a mimosa.
- Any Winter Margarita. Because I’ve never met a margarita I didn’t like.
- Pomegranate Martini. Sounds both refreshing and fancy.
What’s missing from my list? Have you tried any of these?