‘Tis the season for snuggles and Netflix. But when you start to get stir crazy, there are plenty of ways to get out and enjoy winter!
- Ice Skating – one of my personal faves. It’s inexpensive, doesn’t require much practice and doubles as a date and a workout. I especially love outdoor rinks – check out Clinton Square if you’re in CNY!
- Sledding – this one makes me feel like a little kid. It requires even less skill and money than ice skating. Upgrade by warming up with hot cocoa (or some winter beers) when you’re done hitting the hills.
- Sleigh Ride – check your local parks for sleigh rides. In CNY, Highland Forest has a great 20-minute option.
- Snowshoeing – some parks offer rentals and guided tours., including moonlight options.
- Hockey Game – support your local ice hockey team.
- Pub Crawl – take a craft brewery tour or make your own local pub crawl. Winter beers are a great way to relax and warm up.
- Neighborhood Christmas Lights Tour – take a drive/walk around one of the festive neighborhoods in your area (more of an early winter option).
What’s your favorite winter date?